Apple modded my MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yojitani, Jan 9, 2008.

1. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

... well, a little.. I just got it back from repairs today (for the third time!) and they replaced the combo drive with a superdrive:cool:. So I now have a MB CD 1.83 with a superdrive! Has this happened to anyone here? ...

(you don't think I need to notify apple, do you? The repair docket actually states that they used a sd, so it's not like they might think I replaced it myself).

I'm really happy about this because it my main regret has been the lack of a superdrive. I even asked apple about 10 months ago if they could change out the drives for a fee (they said no).

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Congrats, looks like you got lucky. They typically don't do that. Might have been an error. Keep your paper work that says super drive, just in case in the extremely rare case that it needs replacement again.

3. CBJammin103 macrumors regular

CBJammin103

Are you sure it's your original Macbook? Check the specs to make sure it's still the same processor speed, maybe they just gave you a refurb or something. Wouldn't complain, personally. :rolleyes:

4. GoxKok macrumors member

GoxKok

That happened to my friend as well. Maybe theyre running low on combo drives, I mean, they are ANCIENT :rolleyes:

5. kaiwai macrumors 6502a

kaiwai

I wouldn't be surprised; at work I give people the 'bigger' version, because the difference in prices is negligible at best. I mean, the difference between combo and super is probably only something like $10, not even that.

6. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I wouldn't notify them, and if they say anything, just act dumb and like you didn't notice the difference/didn't know that there was a difference.