Apple Monthly Payment Plan No More?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nitrocide, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Nitrocide macrumors 6502

Nitrocide

I like to trick myself (especially with new macbook pro releases as mine is a dodgy first gen i am always looking to replace it) every now and again into thinking i could pay monthly for a new macbook pro on their Payment plan.

Post WWDC announcement i headed over to the UK apple store site to check out how much it would set me back monthly for a new macbook pro, yet now i cannot find the option for it.
    Has it disappeared or am i missing something?

2. cni2i macrumors member

Here in the states, financing is still available IF you sign up for their Visa credit card. I believe it's no interest for 12 months. I am unaware of any other type of payment plan.

3. jamojdm macrumors member

4. GolfBravo macrumors newbie

Just give them a call to find out what's going on - I had my paperwork emailed to me within 20 minutes of the initial phone call.

GB

5. jamojdm macrumors member

I rang them this morning after posting the above post and got it all sorted. Apparantly after ordering I was supposed to have rang them even though the email said they would contact me! The guy on the phone told me this happens a lot.

Anyways forms signed and posted back, how long did urs take to come after that GB?

6. Nitrocide thread starter macrumors 6502

Nitrocide

Aha thanks guys! I was afraid this was some kind of new initiative resulting from credit crunch blahblah!

7. GolfBravo macrumors newbie

From the moment I sent the signed documents, it took Barclays about two days to sort things out and confirm my order, and then about another week for Apple to deliver. Roughly around 9-10 days.

GB

8. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...as long as you can pay it off with in the interest free period I guess its ok to do... if not you just wasted a bunch of money on out-dated tech...

9. jamojdm macrumors member

How so? I'm getting the brand new MBP 13" and paying it off over 10 months with no interest allowing me to keep my cash in my high interest account. Makes sense to me!