Apple Motion & Intel 4000

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by FSMBP, Oct 15, 2013.

1. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Quick question to anybody who's using a 2012 Macbook Air or a 13" Macbook Pro with the Intel 4000.

How does it handle Apple's Motion? Obviously since there is not dedicated GPU, those machines aren't the best, but I was curious about performance.

I plan on doing multilayered video (like 2-4 layers green screen), and was even wondering if that's possible on a Macbook Pro 13" with 8GB Ram and a SSD.

Any insight would be helpful!
    Thanks,

2. Volkstaia macrumors regular

Volkstaia

I have a Mac mini with the same GPU -- It works well enough, but your main issue is RAM.

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

All that money spent of video gear, lighting and audio and you can't put 16GB of RAM in the Mac? Buy the 16GB RAM kit. Sell the RAM you have now. You can get about 2/3 of market price for it.

No one should consider doing video on a Mac that is not "maxed out" on RAM.

4. Volkstaia macrumors regular

Volkstaia

He probably hasn't bought it yet, he was just wondering if he needs to put more RAM in. In which case, he does.

5. FSMBP thread starter macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Ok, thanks guys! I plan getting the current MacBook and adding 8GB Ram (maybe 16) and a SSD.

I just didn't want to be in a situation where Motion would be stuttering like it is on my current MacBook Pro (just doing simple green screen for a 1080P shot).