Apple Movie Rentals crawling...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Tilpots, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

I've rented the movie Bridesmaid's and we're about half way in and iTunes freezes, making me force quit. I start iTunes up again and it doesn't resume the movie so I have to repurchase it. Now the download is crawling. Jumped over to Speedtest.net and I'm getting 20Mb/s down so no problem there, it's gotta be on Apple's end.

Just wanted to give a heads up to others that anything to do with Apple's servers right now aren't reliable. This is getting ridiculous.:mad:

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I just posted something similar on this forum. I purchased two HD movies thinking I could enjoy them tonight and it shows it will take 8 hours to download one of the movies.

3. Tilpots thread starter macrumors 601

Tilpots

Glad to know I'm not the only one, but it sucks for us both. I thought it might have been the negative feedback I posted today about my CS experience with AppleID help on the Express support site. This launch hasn't been pretty.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

One movie is down to three hours left so it's getting a bit faster. Maybe I can watch one before it gets late.

5. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

Just spent a few hours downloading iOS 5 to restore my iPhone 4. Their servers are hammering for some odd reason.

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Yea, it has to be because of the iOS release combined with the rest of the iTunes store.

7. Tilpots thread starter macrumors 601

Tilpots

Wife already fell asleep waiting. Looks like it's me and Forum Spy again.:eek: