Apple movie trailers won't load in QT! Help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Clark Kent, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Clark Kent macrumors member

Since I upgraded to Lion, I have been unable to get the trailers on Apple's website to download the HD versions and play in Quicktime.

They always loaded normally in the past, but now when I click on any of the download versions, nothing happens.

After upgrading to Lion, I installed Quicktime 7 (Pro) by manually downloading it from Apple's website and putting in my key. I've also got the standard plugins (Perian, Flip4Mac). Other than that, I can't think of anything I have done that could potentially cause this problem.

Anyone else having trouble with the download versions of the trailer or have an idea how I can view them?

2. lorenth macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with Lion. Quicktime won't launch after clicking on one of available download links. The alternative is using iTunes to watch them. If anybody has the solution to the problem, please let us know. Thanks

Lorenth

3. lorenth macrumors newbie

Ok problem solved for me. If you use a Safari extension which prevents or blocks plug-ins from loading automatically (ClickToPlugins 2.4.1 in my case) just disable it. It should work better now.