Apple Music and 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Partner on New Season of 'Up Next' Performances Featuring Emerging Artists

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Music is partnering with ABC's late night show "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" for a series of live performances by emerging artists, as part of a second season of its "Up Next" program introduced last year, according to Variety.

"Up Next" artist 6LACK performs on The Late Late Show with James Corden

In addition to the live performances on the Jimmy Kimmel Live! show, the partnership will include the creation of a custom content package for each emerging artist or group, including production of a live EP and a filmed interview with DJ Zane Lowe for Beats 1, the official radio station of Apple Music.

The first group to be featured will be K-Pop dance act NCT 127, who are scheduled to perform next Monday, October 8.

As part of its "Up Next" program, Apple has highlighted one emerging artist per month with a featured banner in the "Browse" tab of Apple Music. Promoted content has ranged from short videos and documentaries to playlists and EPs. The video content is usually promoted on YouTube and Twitter as well.

The first season of "Up Next" featured Grammy-nominated artists Khalid, 6LACK, and Daniel Caesar, in addition to Latin sensation Bad Bunny, Aria-winning Amy Shark, Billie Eilish, Greta Van Fleet, Stefflon Don, Sigrid, and others. Some of the artists performed live on The Late Late Show with James Corden.

Article Link: Apple Music and 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Partner on New Season of 'Up Next' Performances Featuring Emerging Artists

NIKKG

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2012
I can't stand that crying chump kimmel, Apple should be investing their money on better hardware than this crybaby. At least throw us a free dongle or something.

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
I can't stand that crying chump kimmel, Apple should be investing their money on better hardware than this crybaby. At least throw us a free dongle or something.
You mean the guy who cried about his baby needing heart surgery? And you have an issue with that? Yeah, your judgment on what Apple needs to do is...questionable.

thadoggfather

macrumors G4
Oct 1, 2007
Timmy and Jimmy crying together on stage. I can't wait. :rolleyes:
The mental picture is hilarious ... but how That could actually be a reality just makes me sad.

This apple entertainment expansion crap isn’t impressive so far. Not impressed.
[doublepost=1538431008][/doublepost]
You mean the guy who cried about his baby needing heart surgery? And you have an issue with that? Yeah, your judgment on what Apple needs to do is...questionable.
* Politicized his baby needing heart surgery

I know if I were that baby and grew up knowing daddy was politicizing my pre existing condition, on television, I might not be as amused or “touched” by it.

Reactions: Canyonero
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.