Apple Music, App Store, and Mac App Store Suffering Limited Outages Following iOS 13 and macOS Catalina Betas [Resolved]

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 4, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple Music, the App Store, and the Mac App Store are experiencing outages affecting "some users," according to Apple's system status page, one day after Apple seeded the first betas of iOS 13 and macOS Catalina to developers.

[​IMG]

Apple says some users are "experiencing a problem" with each service. The company is investigating and will update the statuses of each service as more information becomes available. The issues began around 5 a.m. Pacific Time.

Update: Apple says all services are now operating normally.

(Thanks, Chris!)

Article Link: Apple Music, App Store, and Mac App Store Suffering Limited Outages Following iOS 13 and macOS Catalina Betas [Resolved]

2. davethorp macrumors regular

That explains the Apple Music issues I’ve been having. I thought it was a bug with iOS 13

3. Mike MA macrumors 68020

Mike MA

Too much developer preview downloading and key note streaming after some really impressive announcements :)

4. Tech198 macrumors G5

You don't expect anyone to be patient do you ? Nothing ever goes smoothly.

5. notabadname macrumors 65816

notabadname

Uggg - of course, when I need to download a work App.

6. ghostface147 macrumors 68030

ghostface147

I’m one of them. Trying to download Disney Play. Back to waiting in line!

FYI - Flight of Passage is breathtaking.

7. TMRJIJ macrumors 68040

TMRJIJ

I'm sure it's all the 'developers' trying to get their hands on macOS Catalina and iOS/iPadOS 13 for 'testing'

8. BootsWalking macrumors 65816

"Welcome to Sign-In with Apple. Please enter your Apple ID and password to enter this 3rd-party site"
    "Please wait while we log you in"
    "Please continue to wait"
    "We're almost there, please stand by"
    "Would you like to watch an Apple TV+ promo while you wait?"
    "Error -325. Please enter your Facebook ID and password to enter this 3rd-party site"

9. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Lol, same here. The *one* time I need to use the App Store for work, and it goes down.

At least I have an excuse!

10. unr1 macrumors regular

11. JimmyBanks6 macrumors regular

JimmyBanks6

Is this issue specific to iOS 13 & Catalina betas? Otherwise what is the relevance of specifying them in the article?

12. AllergyDoc macrumors 68000

AllergyDoc

I'm on the latest 12 beta and Music quit working for me this morning. I couldn't play any radio stations or stream playlists, other than my own music. Was out for less than 30 minutes and is working now.

13. Person Man 2 macrumors newbie

Probably not specific to the betas themselves, but possibly related to the release of the betas due to everyone and their dog trying to download them. Probably overloading the servers.

14. nfl46 macrumors 604

nfl46

Now, that the workarounds (to install
    iOS 13) are all over the internet, Apple can’t possibly be surprised. Lol. Everyone wanted a piece of that iOS 13 pie.

15. themacguy631 macrumors newbie

Nothing to do with the betas being released. Title doesn't make sense at all.

16. modul8tr macrumors regular

I’m in the program but NOT using the beta and my App Store is down. I can’t remember this ever having happened and I’ve had every single iPhone since day one.

Booooooooo!!!!!

17. badsimian macrumors member

18. TrulsZK macrumors member

TrulsZK

Overloading of Apple's servers.

I remember the iPhone 6 Event where the stream froze and locked up every few minutes, I had to refresh the page and re-start the stream to continue watching.

Same with the iOS 7 update, download and preparing update failed.
    Screen showed the update was no longer available, and I had to try several times before successfully downloading and installing the update.

19. ersan191 macrumors 65816

This is the first time in awhile that they didn't do an OTA beta, you have to restore an IPSW instead of upgrade to the beta which means every single one of your apps have to be downloaded again, for every iOS/iPadOS device it's installed on worldwide. Probably put huge amounts of stress on the App Store and big parts of their infrastructure. No idea why they did it this way.

20. TrulsZK, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019

TrulsZK macrumors member

TrulsZK

No you do not need to restore the device.
    You can just ⌥ option + click Check for Update to install a custom IPSW file, without restoring anything.

21. ersan191 macrumors 65816

Ah, I was under the impression you could only install IPSW with restore and not update - guess I learned something today.