Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddublu

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Until I signed up for Apple Music, I had approximately 3000 songs synced between my iPhone, iPad and MBP. Once I signed up, I had to go in and tell Apple that I wanted to download all of the music to my phone so I had access to it offline. I can't get through 3/4 of my music before I run out of storage on both i devices (64gb) when I never had anything close to this prior to Apple Music. What am I missing?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Sounds like there is more eating up storage on your devices than any.... that would be approx 1,000 per device/computer, so look at what applications are installed, even if the same songs were stored locally, that would still be 2Gig or so only.. On OS X go under "About this Mac" in the pop up click "Storage" to graphically show a view. That should give u some idea as to is using the space..

ddublu

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Good point on the quality of the music...i am not certain. Also, I am referring to space consumed on my iPhone and iPad not my MBP. Not only that but after downloading as much as it would let me, space wise, I went to listen to my music on a plane today and 2/3 of it became unavailable.

Reactions: Trogladite

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Usually it may cause more headaches trying to fix a problem, then to just start over again fresh.

The only way i am aware is remove everything in icloud (make sure u backup locally first),

and/or in Itunes click the arrow next to your sign-in name in itunes and choose "Choose artists for you" to pick artists again. (you'll get back to the balls initally setup screen).

This isn't really starting over if there is something wrong with your account, but its the only way to start fresh with Apple music.

If its an Apple server issue, matching process issues to Apple's own process this won't solve anything, but it will just help with duplicates "user" did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.