Apple Music Debuts New 'Interview Series' Podcast Hosted by Zane Lowe

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this week launched a new Apple Music podcast titled "The Zane Lowe Interview Series," featuring iconic artists such as Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and Kanye West.

The series is set to be home to interviews with popular artists, often coinciding with the launch of new albums. Artists will speak "about their lives and the stories behind their songs," in "candid, in depth conversations."

Although the podcast has just launched, there are already seven episodes live. These seem to be previous interviews from Beats 1, but available in full-form. Host Zane Lowe announced the new podcast on Twitter.

Apple Music's artist interviews have usually been confined to Beats 1. This move therefore may indicate a new strategy to bolster Apple's original podcast offerings. Earlier this week it was reported that Apple is looking to launch exclusive original podcasts to compete with Spotify.

Article Link: Apple Music Debuts New 'Interview Series' Podcast Hosted by Zane Lowe

EgbertAttrick

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
Interviews with current pop stars who are interviewed 1,000 times a day already. I don’t know how much more boring you can get.

Why do these stars need another platform, and why would anyone care to promote them further? As an artistic or journalist endeavor, this is just a bunch of trash.

We need a John Peel for the 21st Century, not another fawning celebrity interviewer interviewing celebrities in a fawning fashion.

Someone get these kids off of my lawn.

amartinez1660

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
Very different shows. These are recorded segments from his Beats One radio show. He’s actually an excellent interviewer too, very accessible personality.
That’s actually a positive comment and a motivating one to give it a try.

That being said, further comments down the line do bring key points: do we really need more platforms with more celebrities interviewing other celebrities that already saturate the tv, radio and magazine space plus instagram, Facebook, others and basically all of the internet? It’s been a long time since didn’t give that point of view a thought.
- - Post merged: - -

Interviews with current pop stars who are interviewed 1,000 times a day already. I don’t know how much more boring you can get.

Why do these stars need another platform, and why would anyone care to promote them further? As an artistic or journalist endeavor, this is just a bunch of trash.

We need a John Peel for the 21st Century, not another fawning celebrity interviewer interviewing celebrities in a fawning fashion.

Someone get these kids off of my lawn.
Very very good point sir.
You know who I would rather see interviews with? The creators behind it. The songwriters in the shadows, the movie/series scripters (all of them, not the couple that take all the credits on the intros), what they do, which softwares/workflows they feel like sharing, how they landed their jobs, etc... I think we have enough of lady Gaga and Taylor swift and DJ Khalid

imnotthewalrus

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2015
earth
I’m apparently in the minority here, but I like Lowe. I really enjoyed his interview with Jack White and Brandon Benson (of The Raconteurs) which also encouraged me that future interviews may not be entirely teen pop artists.

Reactions: amartinez1660

waveman

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2015
Iconic artists?? Justin Bieber???!! What an utter piece of crap.... Omg... Apple is so desperate to reach for the most uneducated audience... best target to sell more and more bull****... Will they finally stop narrowing down to one particular music genre that is covered with gold and shallow lyrics? I know it's the most popular s*** for the masses, but come on! Steve Jobs at least had some taste... Since he's gone, Apple is going downward spiral...

Reactions: Four oF NINE

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
Iconic artists?? Justin Bieber???!! What an utter piece of crap.... Omg... Apple is so desperate to reach for the most uneducated audience... best target to sell more and more bull****... Will they finally stop narrowing down to one particular music genre that is covered with gold and shallow lyrics? I know it's the most popular s*** for the masses, but come on! Steve Jobs at least had some taste... Since he's gone, Apple is going downward spiral...
Utter garbage with junk "artists"

Reactions: waveman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.