Apple Music Download or Stream?

Scarpad

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
i find myself downloading a lot of my albums from Apple Music especially if I listen to it a lot, not that I couldn’t just stream but I have about 180gb left on my phone so I figure why not . Anyone else do the same?

370zulu

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2014
Same thing here. If I need to reclaim the capacity on the phone for something else, I’ll just delete the songs from my library and stream them. Plus if you’re ever in a situation where you want to listen and signal is limited or you’re in airplane mode, you’ll have your music handy!

karnsculpture

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2006
London, UK
I tend to download to my phone because I regularly travel where there's no mobile signal or wifi, but if at home I usually stream if listening to new music. I have a large iTunes library so older music is already on my HD.

Brenster

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Since the iPhone 3G I’ve always bought the highest capacity iPhone I can at every 24 month upgrade cycle, specifically to allow me to carry as much of my iTunes library/Apple Music - iCloud Music Library around with me for offline listening as possible. Current 256GB iPhone X allows me to carry everything I want with space left over for those lovely, lovely new releases and reissues as and when are available.