Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zanlemos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
Hi, was wondering if anyone could help me on this matter. When I go into the my music section there is a banner saying 4316 downloads remaining. How can I stop all my music being downloaded on my phone, I would rather save my memory and stream songs than have hard copies?

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
I'm in the same boat. I added a few playlists but now it wants to download every song in those playlists. I just clicked on one to make available offline and they are all coming down! This is nuts!

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
I couldn't stop the downloading no matter what I did.
Literally restored my phone to a fresh 8.4 and restored my data...

:-(

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
Here's the insane thing. I had music already on my phone. When I turned on iCloud Music Library, it seemed like it was downloading the same music twice on top of what was already there.

I have no idea why it is downloading all playlists when I just wanted one kept locally? This is truly F'ed.

zanlemos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
I ended up deleting the playlist which was the purchased one with every song I had ever downloaded. I had clicked on it to be available offline but then stopped it straight away but it still insisted on downloading them all. Solution to this is to just delete the playlist and make a smaller one with tracks you definitely want offline. Such a pain I can't believe there are so many bugs that people have discovered straight away after 2 hours use . I don't get it do they not test before launch anymore, ridiculous!

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Yeah...I think I'll likely just be a free user with manual syncing of my own music , the free Beats 1 listening and limited skipping on the custom stations.

Hard sell for me beyond that, especially if a "benefit" involves messing with my own library files.

zanlemos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
I don't blame you! I'm quite good with these things so luckily I figured out what to do. So many people aren't as good at technology so I can't imagine what they would be doing. At least the spotify model is easy to use. Apple need to sort things out otherwise I don't think many will be staying after the 3 month trial is up. They need to simplify things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.