Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Alright, my family and I are all set up on Apple Music with Family Sharing turned on. The issue is that all of the CD's I ripped or content I purchased from Amazon is not on my wife's iCloud music library. If I were to log out of my Apple ID on iTunes on my PC, and then log in under my wife's Apple ID, theoretically it should match/upload the content to her iCloud music library. Then I could log out and log back into mine. For example we owned all The Beatles on CD, so I had previously ripped them, and then Apple music added them to my cloud. So now I can listen to the Beatles through Apple music. I want my wife to have the same experience.

Has anyone tried this? I'm not at the comp for awhile, so can anyone confirm this works? Thoughts on this method?

Reactions: Sport73

Sport73

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2005
Wellington, FL
I am wondering the same. My wife and daughter are on my family plan, but don't have access to our previously 'shared/collective' library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.