Apple Music for ATV 3rd Gen why not yet added?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by TsMkLg068426, Nov 4, 2015.

1. TsMkLg068426 macrumors 65816

I just can't understand why Apple Music would not be added to ATV 3rd Gen while Beats was added which the app still appears (I removed it myself with ATV remote) when it is useless and can't be accessed.

This just feels once again Apple trying to push the new gen ATV and yes I know I can play to Airplay but why would I want to do that when I can use my iPhone for other things while listening.

I can only assume ATV 3rd Gen will no longer get any OS updates and new streaming apps also which will probably will be a issue in the future once the iOS moves to iOS 10.

2. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

Because they want you to buy the new atv4, I got mine today and it is worth upgrading to. Much faster, nearly instant loading times when starting a stream from Netflix or HBO go, great overall device

3. TsMkLg068426 thread starter macrumors 65816

Nice the speed time for loading is improved among other things but lack of other things I would have liked such as a 4K streaming option, bigger Hard Drive or DTS-HD audio I really don't see why I would upgrade at the moment. But still makes no sense to even sell ATV 3rd Gen for $69 if no more improvements or Apple Music App added.

There is really any logical sense to promote Apple Music before it even happened by adding Beats on ATV and not bother upgrading it to Apple Music sounds like another bate and switch move when it could have also easily integrated in the Music section.

4. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

It's ridiculous. Apple Music, at least some barebones app, should come to the ATV3 if they're going to keep selling it.