Apple Music "go to album"

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by GrumpyTrucker, Sep 29, 2015.

1. GrumpyTrucker, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

GrumpyTrucker macrumors 6502a

Not sure if here or the iOS 9 forum is the place for this but I'm sure it will be moved if needed.

When playing a track via "For You" in Apple Music on iPhone if I click the little ... to bring up the info window, then tap the album art it's supposed to take me to the album the track came off. All I get is "unknown album" displayed. On the iPad this feature works just fine. The only difference is the iPad is on iOS 9.1. Is this a bug in earlier iOS versions than 9.1 or just a problem with my phone?

edit to add: it never worked in 8.4 either. Never checked it on iPad on earlier iOS versions.

2. Tech198 macrumors G4

i see the same happen just appear on mac for no reason. its a issue with Apple music, so upgrading iOS would solve this.

3. GrumpyTrucker thread starter macrumors 6502a

I listen to music so rarely on the Mac I didn't think to check to see if it did it there too. Ah well, it'll work eventually I guess.

4. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Yes it's an extremely annoying bug. Let's hope it gets fixed by iOS 11......the way the dumbest bugs pop up it'll take that long.

5. GrumpyTrucker thread starter macrumors 6502a

I could understand it if it was everywhere, but the iPad (admittedly on 9.1) it works as it should. Maybe it's a 9.1 fix. Nah, you're right. More likely iOS 11 and the fact it's working on my iPad is a bug affecting a bug :)

6. Mad4WDW macrumors regular

Glad this isn't just me having this problem. So annoying, I'll discover a new song I like in For You, tap to look at the album or band its from and...nothing :( The only time that it works is if I already actually have the track in my library, then it goes to the album, makes it more difficult than it should be to add new albums as you find new artists you like.