Apple Music Help

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by razmonster, Mar 1, 2018.

1. razmonster macrumors regular

razmonster

Hi Guys

I got my first watch today and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to stream apple music. When I ask siri to play something on the watch it automatically plays on my phone ‍♂️

i tried turning my phone off, that doesn't work it just says it'll tap me when it's ready.
    I also tried doing it after pairing my powerbeats3 but it still just plays on the phone

what's up with that? does Apple music not stream on the watch alone? I don't have saved music or playlists to sync. I was under the impression I could browse and play music the same as on my iphone X

also im lowkey regretting getting the SS with milinese instead of the sport (what I wanted originally) because it's pulling on my little hairs at the end of my arm/wrist

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If you want to stream music from the watch that isn't on your phone, you will need to tap the Crown and scroll down to Radio, and pick a channel. As long as your headphones are paired to your watch and on, you should hear music.

3. razmonster thread starter macrumors regular

razmonster

I don't ever use or like the radio. i can't just say "her siri play John Mayer" or search John Mayer albums?

this is what I have set up

Attached Files:

4. TylerDurden130 macrumors regular

Are you using airpods? It works like you described. If I don’t have my phone with me, and my airpods are connected to my watch you can stream without the phone. You can also use your phone to add songs directly to your watch library for the purpose of maybe not being somewhere with LTE or WIFI

5. razmonster thread starter macrumors regular

razmonster

Using powerbeats3

I guess what I've been doing wrong is i was trying to play music in the Apple Music watch app and not the Apple Watch Music app?
    when i opened this one up it seems to work with voice search and playlists and stuff. I don't know if that was such an obvious answer. I guess the Apple Music app is only controls for the app on your phone like the camera app

thanks for all the input!
    --- Post Merged, Mar 1, 2018 ---
    I'm still confused because now when I open the Apple Music app it seems to be a whole new set of "stations" or whatever. i wish there was just a search for specific albums or songs :sigh:

Attached Files:

6. TylerDurden130 macrumors regular

Just tell Siri to either play a certain artist or type of music. If you have headphones connected then they will play through those. If you don’t then it will play through the phone speaker. You can play music through the speakers on the watch, only through headphones.

If you use a specific artist the watch will use the Apple Music app, if it’s a type of music then it uses the Radio app for some reason.

I have found it sort of annoying to be honest, but the more you use Apple Music with the watch you will figure it out.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 1, 2018 ---
    What you can do is with your phone find the albums you want on your watch, and add them to your library. Then when you charge your watch that album will be added to your Apple Watch library. That’s so if you are “offline” you can have those on your watch.

7. razmonster thread starter macrumors regular

razmonster

Yes I have it working with my powerbeats3 now. it doesn't work exactly as i had hoped but I will play with it and get up to speed