Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Music Hosting Exclusive Concert in Paris Featuring Artist 'Christine and the Queens'

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As it has in the past for artists like P!nk and Shawn Mendes, Apple Music this month will host a special performance of new music from artist Christine and the Queen's upcoming album "Chris" (via iGeneration) At the same time, those in attendance will see the exclusive debut of a new Apple Music film that goes behind-the-scenes of the making of "Chris."

Fière et excitée de pouvoir vous présenter Chris en concert avec @AppleMusic !Join me in Paris for an exclusive performance and a special screening of @applemusic presents : Chris. Pour assister au concert / Apply for free tickets here: https://t.co/VaPObTRMqK pic.twitter.com/xxXkRDrhqT - Christ?i?n?e? ?a?n?d? ?t?h?e? ?q?u?e?e?n?s? (@QueensChristine) September 4, 2018
The concert takes place on Thursday, September 13 at 7:00 p.m. local time at the Salle Pleyel concert hall in Paris, France. Following the exclusive show, the film "Apple Music Presents: Chris" will launch on the streaming service on Friday, September 14. The full new album by Christine and the Queens will then launch one week later on September 21.
Join Christine and the Queens and Apple Music for a special performance of new music from the forthcoming album Chris, and an exclusive screening of the Apple Music film of the same name - which is a look into the titular character that inspired it all.

Chris is an intimate peek into the intrepid French singer-songwriter-producer's creative process while she writes and records her forthcoming album, a daring exploration of self and sexuality, identity and perception.
Apple Music has been increasing the number of both special performances and exclusive documentaries on its platform lately, releasing short films about Kesha's "Rainbow" and Ed Sheeran's "Divide" over the last couple of weeks. In May, Apple's streaming service hosted a one-night-only Shawn Mendes concert in Los Angeles, which was recorded and uploaded to Apple Music in its entirety.

Similar to that concert, Christine and the Queen's performance appears to be free for attendees, and those interested (over the age of 16) can navigate to this page to fill out a form and apply for tickets. According to Apple, those who win will receive a ticket for themselves and one guest.

Article Link: Apple Music Hosting Exclusive Concert in Paris Featuring Artist 'Christine and the Queens'

19SK91

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2014
The comment section over here has become pretty bad in general but whenever it‘s about Apple Music or movie/show projects it‘s especially bad. Probably attracts those who think their taste is absolutely superior and they have to let others know to feel better. Pretty childish in my opinion.

Comment

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada
The comment section over here has become pretty bad in general but whenever it‘s about Apple Music or movie/show projects it‘s especially bad. Probably attracts those who think their taste is absolutely superior and they have to let others know to feel better. Pretty childish in my opinion.
Just imagine if artist were a person of colour.

Reactions: kyjaotkb
Comment

patjem

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2007
Barcelona
Is this a Joke?

Smartphones, smart watches and recording devices are not permitted inside the venue

Comment

kyjaotkb

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2009
London, UK
Who and the who?
She has had a skyrocketing career over the last 4 years here in the UK, after reaching phenomenal success in France. 1st album in 2014, translated in English in 2015 (!), 2nd album released this year. Have a listen!
[doublepost=1536088582][/doublepost]
I know nothing of their music, but the name sounds like a generic Florence and the Machine.
Ha. She actually toured in the US with Marina and the Diamonds ;-)

Comment

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Big fan of her song “Tilted”.

Great song and accompanying dance choreography. Worth a watch on YouTube..

Here it is:

Comment

adamjackson

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008

I don't look at it that way at all. I believe some of the low-quality comments on news articles like this can be attributed to a few different factors:

1. Cynical people who have lived on this Earth a few decades are just sort of tired of 'popular' as a category because even when the story seems organic (like Cardi B), we all know ugly people don't get featured like this. All good talented people must check boxes by some A&R person to make it to the top like this and Apple is in many ways could be as bad as Clear Channel was in the 90s taking payment to promote artists and the hot artists of 5 years ago are nobodies now so why should I devote my time discovering today's hip new artist when their 1-3 songs and edgy song-writing means **** in 5 years just because some record exec or promoter told me it was "indie"

2. Traditional MacRumors Readers who started reading this site in 2002 when Arn was hustling like a mad-man against ThinkSecret and SpyMac posting actual Mac Rumors and they hate that to pay the bills, this site is basically just every other tech site now reporting on pop-culture news like Us Weekly with a tech angle

3. People like me who don't have the time, attention or needs to remain current on music trends and while some of us wear this shield proudly, others truly just think "oh god, someone / something/ some product/ some trend that is hot right now that by not knowing I can either hide away and pretend it doesn't exist or insert a witty comment to show I don't need that in my life.

----

There are likely other scenarios here. Here's my music log - https://www.last.fm/user/adamjackson1984/library I still purchase albums and rip them or digitally buy them. My music is mostly artists I listened to when I got my iPod in 2001. I definitely checked out of new artists in 2010 and occasionally find new things just looking at top charts on iTunes or Amazon but it's rare I stick to that. I watch films based on popularity / trailers in iTunes and sometimes I download things based on the awards it wins but I personally 100% checked out of social media in 2013 due to severe depression lead on by FOMO and the fact I simply couldn't keep up with every trend and continue growing in my career. I would spend all day reading social media feeds instead of expanding my mind so I just stopped cold turkey and while it sometimes means I don't know what's going on in current events or what movies are out or what artists are popular, I live a very happy and fulfilled life outside of that and my girlfriend and co-workers just know not to bring up memes to me because I'll have no idea what they're talking about and therefore I proudly will post "who" on posts like this because it's irrelevant to macrumors, to my interests and to culture at large for a one hit wonder to be promoted on Apple music.

I just thought I'd offer something of quality to this post of "who" comments when in reality, i came here to write the same thing.

Edit: thinking more of this, when I'm about to spend $9-$12 on an album, it needs to be something I'll be listening to in 10 years so I rarely spend time on something new because it's a financial and time commitment to really come around to something new both in my music consumption and how I approach life in general. when I invest time and money into something, it's for the long haul.

I listened to a YT Clip above and it sounds like every other electronic vocalist. her wikipedia page says she plays piano but this just seems like an electronic beat with vocals. I'm sure she'll do fine for a couple of years then the recording industry will find someone else to promote.

Last edited:
Comment

19callum93

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
RIP  Music/iTunes Festival... I do miss that. Any idea why Apple abandoned this? With the  Music streaming platform I would have thought they would have kept this festival as good promo for  Music.

Comment

19SK91

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2014
I don't look at it that way at all. I believe some of the low-quality comments on news articles like this can be attributed to a few different factors:

1. Cynical people who have lived on this Earth a few decades are just sort of tired of 'popular' as a category because even when the story seems organic (like Cardi B), we all know ugly people don't get featured like this. All good talented people must check boxes by some A&R person to make it to the top like this and Apple is in many ways could be as bad as Clear Channel was in the 90s taking payment to promote artists and the hot artists of 5 years ago are nobodies now so why should I devote my time discovering today's hip new artist when their 1-3 songs and edgy song-writing means **** in 5 years just because some record exec or promoter told me it was "indie"

2. Traditional MacRumors Readers who started reading this site in 2002 when Arn was hustling like a mad-man against ThinkSecret and SpyMac posting actual Mac Rumors and they hate that to pay the bills, this site is basically just every other tech site now reporting on pop-culture news like Us Weekly with a tech angle

3. People like me who don't have the time, attention or needs to remain current on music trends and while some of us wear this shield proudly, others truly just think "oh god, someone / something/ some product/ some trend that is hot right now that by not knowing I can either hide away and pretend it doesn't exist or insert a witty comment to show I don't need that in my life.

----

There are likely other scenarios here. Here's my music log - https://www.last.fm/user/adamjackson1984/library I still purchase albums and rip them or digitally buy them. My music is mostly artists I listened to when I got my iPod in 2001. I definitely checked out of new artists in 2010 and occasionally find new things just looking at top charts on iTunes or Amazon but it's rare I stick to that. I watch films based on popularity / trailers in iTunes and sometimes I download things based on the awards it wins but I personally 100% checked out of social media in 2013 due to severe depression lead on by FOMO and the fact I simply couldn't keep up with every trend and continue growing in my career. I would spend all day reading social media feeds instead of expanding my mind so I just stopped cold turkey and while it sometimes means I don't know what's going on in current events or what movies are out or what artists are popular, I live a very happy and fulfilled life outside of that and my girlfriend and co-workers just know not to bring up memes to me because I'll have no idea what they're talking about and therefore I proudly will post "who" on posts like this because it's irrelevant to macrumors, to my interests and to culture at large for a one hit wonder to be promoted on Apple music.

I just thought I'd offer something of quality to this post of "who" comments when in reality, i came here to write the same thing.

Edit: thinking more of this, when I'm about to spend $9-$12 on an album, it needs to be something I'll be listening to in 10 years so I rarely spend time on something new because it's a financial and time commitment to really come around to something new both in my music consumption and how I approach life in general. when I invest time and money into something, it's for the long haul.

I listened to a YT Clip above and it sounds like every other electronic vocalist. her wikipedia page says she plays piano but this just seems like an electronic beat with vocals. I'm sure she'll do fine for a couple of years then the recording industry will find someone else to promote.

1. I don‘t like many artists that are popular today either, including Cardi B. I‘m not forced to listen to them though nor am I forced to read and comment on articles about them. But who stops me from listening to artists that‘ve been promoted 5 years ago that I‘ve liked back then? If they still release new music that I like I‘ll happily continue to listen to them.

2. I don‘t agree that MR is like any other tech site. Apple in 2002 was totally different than Apple is now. The Mac was more important to them back then. OS X was new, they were working on the transition to intel internally (though that was made public later) and the iPod still was a new thing and pretty much the only non-Mac hardware. They pushed digital music with the iTunes store, it became a huge success and since then music is a part of Apple. Priorities have changed for Apple, I know some people don’t like that but we all know that iPhone and sevices like Apple Music provide them the most revenue. So why not post an article about an exclusive concert hosted by them? If only Mac rumors were allowed then this site would be pretty much dead. Do people prefer that?

3. I don‘t follow every trend either. I‘ve found many artists I like years ago and continue to listen to them to this day but I still like to check out what‘s new every now and then because new doesn‘t necessarily mean bad. Besides that the artists I like can either stop making music for whatever reason or change their style to something I don‘t like anymore and listening to the same albums all the time would get tired. I don‘t want that, I want to keep enjoying them. So something new once in a while is totally fine with me. If you‘re not like me, that’s also fine.

Except for a twitter and a reddit account I don‘t have social media either for the same reason that you stated. I have those accounts mainly to follow sites like MacRumors or to strictly see content about things that really interest me - no memes included there - without the bs from „friends“. It‘s fine if you don‘t care about current trends - like I said, I don‘t either - but condemning everything new just because it’s new is silly in my opinion. You hide from the bad stuff, yeah, but you also hide from the good stuff. If you know you don‘t like something, don‘t read, listen to or watch it. I don‘t like hip-hop/rap, so why should I waste my time by clicking on an article about something I don‘t like to post a dumb comment? To me that‘s Kindergarten. You also don‘t know what’s going go be a one hit wonder. Being new or promoted is no indicator for that. You‘ll know that a few years in the future. Besides, not everyone has to be either a one hit wonder or a Madonna, Michael Jackson, David Bowie or Prince. There are enough artists that had one hit but they still release music that people enjoy, just not to that huge extent. Doesn‘t mean people don‘t enjoy it.

The 9-12$ you pay for an album are 10€ I pay for Apple Music and I can listen to whatever I want. The albums I‘ve already listened to 10 years ago and new ones as well. If you don‘t like her, that‘s absolutely fine. One song of her last album was pretty popular here in Europe and while I didn’t like that - well the english version, after checking that album out now I realised that I like the french version - I like her new album or at least what’s been released so far. Though again, you do not have to like her. Still, those dumb comments make no sense to me personally.

Reactions: adamjackson
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.