Apple Music + iCloud Music Library and safety for classical music

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by exi, Aug 6, 2017.

1. exi macrumors 6502

I mentioned this in another thread, but I don't want to hijack another thread to bring up a specific issue.

I have an iTunes library which I've actively maintained for many, many years. There are about ~14k tracks, all of which have been tagged by me or had metadata verified by me. In many cases, album art was added by me.

I'm looking at using the cloud more for convenience. Of that ~14k, a large portion is classical in nature, including multiple recordings of the same piece by different artists.

For those who have done similarly, just how safe would it be to go to iCloud Music Library via Apple Music? It's not a huge deal to (a) backup even more than I already do, (b) turn on, (c) trial, and if any issues, -> (1) delete my library, (2) deactivate the service, and (3) restore my backup. It is, however, a pain in the neck, and I'd like to avoid it if possible.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I have about 5500 tracks of classical that years ago I custom tagged. Since classical is all over the map I named all my tracks using a consistent method and I even changed things like putting the composer (also made the names constant) under Artist and the performer under Composer to make it more comparable to other genres. Had Match for a few years and have had :apple:Music since launch.

Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 6.53.04 AM.png