Apple Music / iCloud Music Library ???

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by rufas2000, Jun 16, 2017.

1. rufas2000 macrumors member

rufas2000

Hi,

I am an Apple Music subscriber. I also have 170 gigs of music I've bought locally stored on my devices (iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Pro 10.5). I want to enable iCloud Music Library so I can create playlists with Apple Music and such while on my devices but when I did so it changed my music and artwork (I have single songs set with the original 45 cover, it changed it to album covers I think I had previously).

Is there any way I can have my local music library the way I want it (my songs, my versions, my artwork) and have iCloud active so I can create playlists in Apple Music and such? Thank you.

2. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Nope, there isn't. This mess is exactly why I use Spotify instead of Apple Music.

Apple needs to stop messing with local libraries. iTunes Match (which uses the same iCloud Music Library engine as Apple Music) destroyed metadata on 90% of my library. I had to stop using it and restore from a backup.

Please fix this, Apple! I see the benefits of Apple Music and want to use it but breaking my local library is going to keep me away.

3. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Apple ALWAYS believe their info is the ultimately correct info.
    Forget about iCloud library. It is still far from capable of porting local library to the so called cloud. Just enjoy Apple Music.

4. rufas2000 thread starter macrumors member

rufas2000

Unfortunately I sprung for the year long $99 Apple Music plan. Since I use YouTube quite a bit I also use You Tube Red (which has Google Play Music too) so Spotify is a no go even though I prefer it to the other two.

I do like Beats One and the offered playlists on Apple Music are good. I'll see what's up once my Apple Music subscription expires (early next year).

Thanks for the responses. :)