Apple Music - iOS 9 beta - not playing songs

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by GIZBUG, Jul 22, 2015.

1. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Figure I'd start a thread on this.
    Running the developer 4 beta.

Added a few songs on my iTunes (pc) last night to Apple Music (my understanding with Apple Music is I am renting the songs, I don't own them). Today on my phone, the 5 songs I added are there, I hit play, they don't play. It quickly shows play then stop. I even made them "available for offline" but still won't play. I tried cycling play HIgh quality over cellular and they still don't play. Is this normal behavior? Any insight on this?

2. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

I
    it was doing this to me on iTunes a couple nights ago. I think it's a quirk with the system, not iOS as I had the same bug on OS X.

3. GIZBUG, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015

GIZBUG thread starter macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll restart iTunes?

Update: Restarted iTunes, same effect on phone (on wifi and LTE), weird

4. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

I've had the same problem since installing beta 4. iPod touch on 8.4 still works fine. Hopefully it's a temporary thing. I'm installing the public beta 2 on my iPod as I type. Hopefully it still works :/

5. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Just to be more clear - I experienced the exact bug only on my Macbook. My iPhone running iOS 9b4 hasn't had this issue.

6. GIZBUG thread starter macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Today I tried to add an album from Apple Music, on the music app on phone. It added but same issue. I hit play, it start/stops then goes to next song, same thing. I hear no music. Weird. So must not be iTunes related

7. GIZBUG thread starter macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Do we have any update on this? Or is this a PB2 / Developer 4 beta issue, and have to wait for the next beta?

8. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

I actually solved the problem on my iPhone and iPod touch by logging out and back into my account under the iTunes settings. I haven't had the issue at all since. It's been 3 days and the problem hasn't come back.

9. GIZBUG, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015

GIZBUG thread starter macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

I ended up signing out of the apple account, then back in on my phone, and all works normal now.
    So issue is fixed