Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
London
Apple Music is now on SONOS.

What a great Christmas present!

Attachments

• IMG_1655.PNG
    IMG_1655.PNG
    185.4 KB · Views: 121

ecopod

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hurrah indeed. I've been using Deezer but giving this a go right now. Extra bonus was finding I could play my own radio stations (think I must've misread release and thought I'd only get Beats 1).

No problems during set up and Psychedelic Furs Radio now blaring out throughout the house.

Now got to decide between Deezer/Apple.

Chytin

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2013
Just updated the app on my iPhone 6s Plus as well and listening via my Sonos Play 5. Sound quality is amazing and I even don't have the 2015 version of the Play 5.

It can get much louder than via line input which I have been previously using Apple Music with.

Your iTunes Match Library is available as well. In my case it took a few minutes to load in de Sonos app but it's there.

Indeed, this is a great Christmas present. Let's fire up Last Christmas from Wham!

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
London
I know I posted this thread but I can't seem to find the Apple Music service in the Sonos app! ;)

Am I missing something?

I've tried going to 'Add Music Services'

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I know I posted this thread but I can't seem to find the Apple Music service in the Sonos app! ;)

Am I missing something?

it's currently in beta so you have to sign up to the beta first - from within the app go to settings / advanced settings and then Beta Program and click Join Beta Program

Reactions: GadgetBen

Swiss-G

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2010
United Kingdom

Am I missing something?

it's currently in beta so you have to sign up to the beta first - from within the app go to settings / advanced settings and then Beta Program and click Join Beta Program

How to join the beta programme:
  1. Open the Sonos app
  2. Tap “Settings” then “Advanced Settings”
  3. Tap “Beta Program”
  4. Tap “Join the Beta Program”
  5. Update your Sonos system*
  6. Add Apple Music from the “Add Music Services” menu
*“Update Now” prompt may take up to 15 minutes to appear. Tap “Online Updates” in the Settings menu to update immediately

Reactions: GadgetBen
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.