Apple Music + iTunes Match

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by jobush, Jun 23, 2016.

1. jobush macrumors member

Hey all, I am a big fan of an app called eq 10 (it's pretty affordable and sounds great).

Unfortunately, like many other third party music players, that thing does not support DRM music.

I've read from somewhere that subscribing to both Apple Music AND iTunes Match will make downloaded music DRM-free, and I'm curious if anyone is able to test out if this rule applies to iOS as well.

Cheers.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

iTunes Match only applies to music you own.

3. Tech198 macrumors G4

Yes... if u re-down to iOS it will be DRM free since u have both services.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I think you are misunderstand the OP question or you are incorrect in your answer (unless I'm misunderstanding).

It appears the OP wants to use a 3ed party app to play :apple:Music (not their own music). The OP wants to know its they subscribe to iTunes Match will that remove DRM so :apple:Music will play in a 3ed party app. The answer to this is NO.

5. thiagueirass macrumors member

Tracks on Apple Music will always be DRM. iTunes Match only works with your own music files.

6. jobush thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your response. Here's another question: If I had iTunes match, will matched songs that I download in my iDevices DRMed?

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Read this page.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204962

8. thiagueirass macrumors member

No. In that case, the matched songs will be DRM-Free.