Apple Music just screwed me.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Murderbear, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Murderbear macrumors newbie

Murderbear

I downloaded the newest update today. Everything is going good. I leave my house, head to band practice and unbeknownst to me, my phone started re-downloading my entire music library. I didn't even have the app running in the background.

I had used up 202% of my monthly allotted data before I even realized what had happened. My 6gb plan rocketed up to 12.1gb used.

Granted, the app is set for cellular data. But seriously? You're just going to re-download my entire library?? Without telling me? This is the third time my library has disappeared or needed to be downloaded also.

I'm guessing it's a laughable question but would contacting Apple get me anywhere? I'm going to be on the hook for a ton of overage fees and I don't think that is right. I can deal with the hassle of re-downloading my library on Wi-Fi but when a service I pay money for is costing me a lot of extra money, it just doesn't seem fair.

Sorry, rant over. I'm just frustrated.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

As above call apple. If you prove there's an issue they will help

3. Murderbear thread starter macrumors newbie

Murderbear

4. Murderbear thread starter macrumors newbie

Murderbear

Yeah, I know. But the fact that this is the third time my library has disappeared is crap. I shouldn't have to be scared that at anytime it will just start downloading 1500+ songs.

5. J.C macrumors 6502

How do you make this happen if it's what you want? My Apple Music library keeps disappearing and reappearing as well. It's related to the free Apple Music I got through my carrier. But to download all my music again (so I don't have to stream) I have to individually download each song. Or add all my songs to one playlist and tell the playlist to download.

6. tsang2320 macrumors regular

I still keep all my CD rips in backup drives in case one day Apple Music decides it wants to play some tricks. Always with connection here though so I just stream instead of downloading items on iPhone. There isn't enough storage anyways.

7. soniasim macrumors member

soniasim

You actually have to turn off Music in Settings -> Cellular in order to prevent this from happening again... The screenshot above won't help...

8. EdwardSmith36 macrumors regular

Change the handset, as simple as it is... don't forget, it's an "iPhone" just visit apple store that replace your handset with a new one.