Apple Music - Making available offline, really confusing?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Caedan Lavender, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Caedan Lavender macrumors newbie

Ive been using Apple Music quite a bit today, but I still don't quite get how the offline 'mode' works.

Lets say I have a playlist with 5 songs in it. I can make that playlist available offline; a little icon in the corner of the playlist cover art indicates this.
    At this point I'm assuming that all songs in that playlist are now available offline.
    However, the little 'offline' icons do not appear on the songs in that playlist even though they should be downloaded??
    Also, when I tap the three dots for one of the songs in the playlist, it still gives me the option to make available offline, even though it should be offline already because its part of that playlist??

Why is it that you can make albums and playlists etc offline, but the songs within don't gain the offline icon, and still present you with the option to make them available offline.

To be honest, I feel like I'm using a Microsoft product when it comes to the offline function.

Does anyone understand the strange nature of the offline mode??

Thanks in advance :)

2. zakarhino macrumors 6502a

zakarhino

Confused me too. I think it's just a bug. For now you should be okay (ish) because caching seems to be working fine.