Apple Music: No Love for Folk Music

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by kschles, Jul 15, 2015.

1. kschles macrumors regular

kschles

Been generally impressed with Apple Music. As a (former) Spotify premium user, I like AM's more targeted playlists, the New section, and the "For You" recommendations (I've been heavily hearting my likes which I think helps). While I like number of genres (alt, rock, pop, indie, etc); I've found AM's Folk offerings to be pretty thin and hard to find. Individual artists are there, but Folk isn't listed as a genre or included on many playlists (just a few). Singer/Song Writer seems to be the closest genre, but it's not really the same thing. Hoping that AM eventually elevates Folk to a full fledged genre for those of us who are fans.

2. MentalFloss macrumors 6502a

MentalFloss

Folk seems to have been mostly mashed together with Blues. There is a "Folk&Blues" genre in the "New" tab. And there are playlists for Woody Guthrie or Pete Seeger which are all "by Apple Music Blues". The weird thing is that in the "New" tab, when you go to the Apple playlists, no Folk (or even Blues) genre is listed. So yes, that makes it difficult.