Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gatorknight904

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Dallas/Ft. Worth
I cannot get Apple Music to show. I have an all white screen on the following tabs:

For You, New, Radio, Connect

Also, have the "thinking" circle rotating next to my LTE sign by AT&T on the top status bar.

I have tried rebooting and cycling in and out of airplane mode.

Only thing I can think of is that AT&T is throttling me. I have a grandfathered "unlimited" data plan. :mad:

Anyone else on AT&T having this issue?

TITNTUFF

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2010
West Louisiana
I did OTA update on ATT unlimited, turned 6 plus off, turned on and tried music. App didn't open. Closed app, cleared recent list. Power off, power on, got white screen. Closed app, cleared recent list powered off, powered on, listened to Pandora. Will try again at a later date.

wootang00

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
its an AT&T issue.. something is being throttled on AT&T's end today.. if you try it over wifi.. it'll be fine.. no problems.. another issue is trying to download an app at the app store.. nothing will download.. im thinking in a day or so it'll clear up..

scott523

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Saint Charles, MO
It's not only affecting Apple Music/Beats 1. AT&T's network is also blocking downloads from Apple App Store, Map search/direction functionality, and Siri on LTE regardless of cellular data plan/settings.

Last edited:

meirvin

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2007
Dallas/Fort Worth
Add another who came here to see if others were having trouble, longest stretch of beats one is like 6 mins I think when I do get the screens.

dumaz

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
Having the same problem with you guys. 30gb family plan and we also have the family Apple music plan. Wife and kids are also complaining about slow Apple music.

omegis83

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Here's the strangest thing. Earlier today I had the same issues on my iPhone. Beats 1 wouldn't stream on LTE or 4G, however, when I did a speed test, it I was getting great speeds. As soon as I was on wifi, everything worked fine.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I had some weird problems yesterday using Soundhound on LTE, that went away when I joined my home wifi. Twitter worked fine.

I think AT&T is or was having some general issues with their network. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Some trouble yesterday afternoon but today everything is working no problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.