Apple Music Now Available on Amazon's Alexa Devices in the UK and Ireland

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 4, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Amazon Echo and Fire TV devices in the UK and Ireland are now compatible with Apple Music, reports Pocket-lint.

In the United States, Amazon Echo models have supported Apple Music since December of last year, allowing Echo speakers to integrate directly with Apple's music service, but the functionality was not made available in other countries.

[​IMG]

Amazon Echo owners in the UK can now install the Apple Music integration using the Amazon Alexa app for iPhone or iPad and then use Alexa commands to play songs, albums, and more from the Apple Music service.

As of mid-March, Apple Music is also available as an option on the Amazon Fire TV.

Article Link: Apple Music Now Available on Amazon's Alexa Devices in the UK and Ireland

2. dan9700 macrumors 68030

dan9700

Firstly apple makes homepod cheaper and now joins amazon its the down fall of apple, bad keynote no airpower and now apple losing

3. squizzler macrumors regular

squizzler

Yawn at you. They still sitting on the bigger pile of cash than any country in the world.

Is it on Sonos products yet??

4. BadMelonFarmer macrumors 6502

BadMelonFarmer

No, just tried it and it played Amazon Music despite having Apple Music as default.

When I specified , for example “play Tom waits on Apple Music”

I get “Apple Music is not supported on this device”

Yes, Apple Music is linked to both Alexa and Sonos

5. PickUrPoison, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019

PickUrPoison macrumors 601

If being able to cut the purchase price for HomePod because you’ve succeeded in reducing component costs, not being able to make a charging accessory that many said was impossible because it violates the laws of physics, and making $20 billion in profit last quarter is losing, sign me up. I wanna be a loser too!

6. Paultmaine macrumors member

Paultmaine

Finally, yes, I use two homepods for the lounge (brilliant sound), but have multiple echo dot 3’s scattered round to command smart devices, so now I can play Apple Music in the bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, spare bedroom etc. Waited sooo long for this,
    Ps, bought the dots on offer 29.99

7. andsoitgoes macrumors member

No

so friggin annoying!

8. Paultmaine macrumors member

Paultmaine

Works for me, been waiting ages,

9. ChrisMoBro macrumors 6502

ChrisMoBro

I get the same response on my iPhone as well as on my Sonos :p

10. apolloa macrumors G4

Apple makes the Mac Pro for cheaper now too.... didn’t see a price cut there after less then a year of launch.
    The excuse that they reduced the price due to components costing less is nothing but pure fallacy I’m afraid.

Back on topic excellent this is now enabled. Will try it out later.

11. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

Works well. Apple Music in every room now

12. BadMelonFarmer macrumors 6502

BadMelonFarmer

So you can ask a Sonos device that has Alexa on it, or an Echo that has its default speaker set as Sonos.... "Alexa, Play (whatever)" and Alexa will Say "Playing (Whatever) from Apple Music) and the sound comes out of Sonos?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 5, 2019 ---
    I have tried it on Echo Dots with Sonos as the default speaker AND Sonos 1's with Alexa built in and always get "Apple Music is not supported on the this device".

I had hoped this had been sorted by the time it came out in the UK as I don't listen to music directly from an Echo device, only via Sonos

13. Paultmaine macrumors member

Paultmaine

Same, so handy,

14. Kyle4 macrumors 6502a

I’m so salty about it not being in Canada yet and myself and others feel completely misled. When Amazon announced Apple Music was coming to their devices shortly before Christmas they didn’t specify it was US only. A lot of people bought devices (probably what they wanted) and months later there still isn’t even an estimated date of release. Pretty frustrating.