iPhone XS Max Apple Music on iPhone sounds like trash

bnasty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2019
Title says it all.
Whenever I play the same songs off Apple Music vs my iPhone XS Max they sound the same including music I have downloaded that I just play on Apple Music. My iPhone broke or does the audio suck that bad?
Same on bluetooth as 3.5 on both devices.

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
If you use speaker, then yes, it sucks, even for iPhone XS Max. Way too Loud and music just got blasted out of the tiny speaker. iPad speaker is much much better, especially iPad Pro ones.
If you use your headphone, maybe you should use a better headphone instead of cheap ones or AirPods. iPhone itself outputs decent sound.

bnasty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2019
Sorry for the confusion I tried AirPods for both devices and those were my findings. I am quite fond of the quality from my Macbook combined with the AirPods portability for when I am doing stuff at work, but it is quite strange to use my laptop for bluetooth audio in my car...
I have a pair of HD800 at home to use I just would prefer something functional for my car and to go.

Steve121178

macrumors 601
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Title says it all.
Whenever I play the same songs off Apple Music vs my iPhone XS Max they sound the same including music I have downloaded that I just play on Apple Music. My iPhone broke or does the audio suck that bad?
Same on bluetooth as 3.5 on both devices.
I'm struggling to understand what your point is.

Apple Music sounds ok to me via CarPlay, Apple TV or my headphones.

If you mean via your phones speaker, then I wouldn't expect it to be that good.

boogas8

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2014
I tried AirPods for both devices and those were my findings.
There’s your problem when it comes to sound. Airpods are not known for quality music listening. They are designed for convenience not sound quality.

Though I still do understand what your point is and what you were initially saying.

-BigMac-

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Who even listens to their music using inbuilt iPhone speakers?

Thats like complaining your inbuilt monitor speakers arent as good as your dolby atmos setup.

No surprises here..