Apple Music ONLY works with music purchased from iTunes?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by flyersgl, Nov 28, 2015.

1. flyersgl macrumors member

I just got off the phone with an apple support person who told me that only songs purchased from iTunes will sync across devices? Can that possibly be true? Did I totally misunderstand the point of this whole thing?

My history on this is that I signed up on week #1 and during the initial sync, it synced about 600 of my 10,000 songs AND removed the other 9,400 from my iMac! I immediately turned it off and restored my library. In the meantime, I bought a new iMac, and decided I was brave enough to try it again. But now I can't sync my music. In spite of having an active account turned on, the option to add to apple music isn't available to me. This led to my call to support, but what I was told seems to contradict every other thing I have read about this service.

If someone could set me straight one way or another, I'd surely appreciate it!

2. Tech198, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015

Tech198 macrumors G5

No... u were miss-informed.

Apple music works with any music added to your iTunes library as long as iCloud music Library i turned 'on' and if your signed into the same Apple ID.

http://www.apple.com/music/membership/