Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Music or Spotify

• Total voters

synicalx1

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2020
I use Apple Music, partly because I like the UI better (it feels less... pushy?) but mostly because it's included in whatever the all-you-can-eat subscription is called and I can share that with various "family members" so it works out very very cheap.

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
Early Spotify user here. I migrated to Apple Music at launch in 2015 because it arrived with a family plan, which, as a dad with young kids and a wife, it was the deal-maker because Spotify had no such plan. Before migrating, I emailed Spotify to ask if they would be planning to launch something similar, and got only radio silence in reply. Spotify gave zero effs about losing a long-term customer even though a 'yes we're working on it' would actually have kept me. So I jumped ship. No regrets.

Reactions: Expos of 1969

ThailandToo

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2022
If you have the Apple One service or whatever they call it, then it really makes sense to just stick with Apple ecosystem and apps.

famupsaman

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2022
I prefer Spotify because we can listen to many songs of different artists and musicians for free. Followers are also important to grow as an artists and make it to the global level. Famups, likeoid, sociallym are some sites you can look to buy Spotify followers

The Clark

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2013
Canada
Spotify. Better interface, better discovery, and works great with non-Apple devices. It's okay to leave the Apple garden sometimes :p

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Spotify. Better interface, better discovery, and works great with non-Apple devices. It's okay to leave the Apple garden sometimes :p
Spotify also works great with Apple devices. It works much better on my MacBook Air M1 than does Apple Music. Something sad and troubling about that...

Reactions: The Clark
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.