Apple Music - OSX observations vs iOS

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by thewusman, Jul 1, 2015.

1. thewusman macrumors regular

Still playing around with Apple Music on both iOS and OS X but so far here's one annoying inconsistency:

If you choose "hot tracks" or a similar suggested grouping within "new" on iOS, it will play them all, one after the other, as would expect. Playlist style.

Trying the same on OS X, and it stops after the song you selected and played. No "next song" or auto queuing. Hmmm.

I would have thought apple would have tested basically UI elements like that to ensure a more consistent experience.

So far, it's a great service, although some way off usability and UI of Spotify. (Hello swipe to queue and spotify curated playlists are still a USP that Beats er um Apple Music needs to improve on)

YMMV, just my initial impression.

2. nonnak macrumors newbie

I noticed the same today. The way I've been using Spotify on desktop is painting all of the top tracks and doing a mass queue. I have not found a way to select multiple tracks, so this doesn't work on Apple Music OS X. If anyone founds a workaround for this, I'd be glad to hear it.

3. thewusman thread starter macrumors regular

Same for me - I really would have thought Apple could have implemented this. Given the amount of time they've had getting it ready for launch. Bizarre.