Apple Music playlist after expiring?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by hehe299792458, May 31, 2017.

1. hehe299792458 macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

If I let me Apple Music subscription lapse for a few days or a week, and subscribe again after that, would I be able to recover my old playlists and saved albums?

2. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Your iCloud Music Library (which includes all your playlists and albums) will be saved for at least 30 days. In reality it will be saved for longer, though I've not heard Apple say exactly how long. A few days or a week is certainly fine.

3. hehe299792458 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

So I'll still have the structure of the library (e.g. what albums are in it, playlists, etc) but I just won't be able to play them?

4. rossdavidson3729 macrumors newbie

Yeah I normally let mine lapse for a week or so and then when I reactivate subscription everything is still there - playlists etc

5. jakeenzo macrumors newbie

I can confirm Apple do NOT keep your Apple Music Playlist forever. I re-subbed after 6 months of inactivity and bam! All my Apple Music Playlists and Songs are gone :( This is a real shame as I believe Spotify keeps your playlists regardless of how long you spend inactive.

6. rossdavidson3729 macrumors newbie

7. jakeenzo macrumors newbie

And no one said they didn't keep them forever either. Hence the reason for this thread...

8. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

It has been mentioned here in different threads they are deleted in a 30-90 day time frame. Mine are gone but don't remember how long till they were deleted. I switched to iTunes Match before unsubscribing. And, purchased what I wanted from my Apple Music library before they were deleted. Hence, I still kept my Playlist structure with the songs I wanted to keep. The only thing I remember AM doing that IM doesn't is auto alphabetize my playlists. I have to do that myself on iOS.

9. Tech198, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017

Tech198 macrumors G4

I just let my Apple music expire because i was unhappy .. Decided to resubscribe on 7th June... all my previous albums and songs were still there, and and Apple can tell me when i bought it to their senior advisor was "it takes time"

1 month with nothing gone is taking time ? I would have expected to see a few songs gone at the very least. if it was a slow purging over 30 day period. At least that was my impression Apple told me.