Apple Music - Playlist Plays Taking Up Phone Space

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mattdominik, Jul 1, 2015.

1. mattdominik macrumors newbie

I installed the Apple Music application last night, and I have noticed that anytime I play a song that I saved to 'My Music' in a playlist (i.e. - I saved a U2 album to 'My Music') that it is storing that song on my iPhone as I can see the song count under the settings ('General' --> 'About') go up for each unique song played that's on a playlist/album saved in 'My Music'. I also notice that it is decreasing the available space on the phone (each song seems to be taking between two and three MB).

I have never stored individual songs on my iPhone previous to this (I have a separate iPod and always streamed off of Spotify), and now I have over 20 songs (the amount I've played from 'My Music' over streaming) on my iPhone. I am not clicking 'Make Available Offline' either. Has anybody experienced this issue? It seems pointless to have the capability to make playlists or add albums to 'My Music' and stream it if it's just going to take up space on my phone, at least Spotify didn't take up space if it wasn't saved for offline listening.

Thanks in advance.

2. lonman06 macrumors regular

I've noticed the same thing in the about section. By available space is going down but when I go to usage stats I don't see music in there. The only thing I can think of is that the songs are cached?