iPhone Apple Music Problem

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by xdexina, Jul 1, 2015.

1. xdexina macrumors member

xdexina

Apple Music is Great! I've found myself to enjoying listening to radio again, and discovering new music... But there is a nasty thing thats driving me crazy! :eek::confused:

Well in order to listen music on Apple Music you have to activate mobile data on the Itunes & App Store setting, i get it...

But why on earth there isn't a single option to use only the mobile data to Apple music?
    I want to listen to Apple music in streaming, but i don't want my updates and my apps to be download over 4G...

Even worse than that...

If I have an playlist thats offline on my device an iPhone, and if i'm on the train using beats1 radio and decided to add a music to that offline playlist. It will download the file on 4G to my iPhone!

Why isn't an option only to stream over 4G and not to download? Is this difficult to apple!? Further more there isn't any kind of indication to see if all the music on the offline playlist is downloaded or not... Only a tiny iphone like shape on the playlist....

All this is on Spotify... So why isn't on Apple music? Is it me doing something wrong?

Thanks for Help :)

Hope Apple fix this really soon

2. hojx macrumors 6502

hojx

Due to the way the 'iTunes & App Store' panel is implemented, once you select 'Use Mobile Data' it applies to Music, Apps, Books and Updates.

If you want to make sure updates and apps don't download over 4G one workaround is to disable Automatic Downloads, which is right above 'Use Mobile Data'.

You clearly said you are adding a song to your offline playlist. I assume you mean you have selected 'Make Available Offline' for that playlist.
    When that is selected, all songs inside that playlist (even if you add another song after selecting 'Make Available Offline') will be downloaded and kept offline, regardless of whether you are on Cellular/4G or Wi-Fi.
    Hence when you are on Cellular/4G and you add a song to that offline playlist, the song automatically downloads.

When songs are being downloaded, there will be a progress bar at the top of the screen under the 'My Music' tab, above 'Recently Added'. If you don't see a progress bar, it just means all 'Make Available Offline' songs have been fully downloaded.

What you can do next time is to just add that particular song to a new/separate playlist and move the song into your offline playlist when you are on Wi-Fi.

3. xdexina thread starter macrumors member

xdexina

Thanks for the tip!
    Yet it would be so much better if apple decided to put a Toggle to download over 3G. So that when off, we could only stream songs.... Synchronizing only on wi-fi like Spotify does...

Other killer feature would be indication of the offline playlists and songs within playlists like once again Spotify does...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Let's give them time :)

4. xdexina thread starter macrumors member

xdexina