Apple Music Question

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by AngusW, Jun 30, 2015.

1. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

If I read the info correctly for the $9.99 a month we have access to everything apple offers? So for example an album I've been debating on getting I can listen to the entire album now?

2. chabig macrumors 68040

You can listen to that Apple as long as you continue to subscribe. You can also listen to it, decide you like it, and buy it, in which case you can listen to it even if you no longer subscribe.

3. AngusW thread starter macrumors 6502

AngusW

Ok that's sounds like the exact wording from the Apple sight. Can we try this again without the party lines?

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Not understanding how that didn't answer your question

5. AngusW thread starter macrumors 6502

AngusW

What I'm trying to clarify is, are all albums currently for sale by Apple able to be listened to if I subscribe to this new service? Or is it only going to be some of their albums?

6. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

I believe that the trial period is for discovering the answer to that question.

7. chabig macrumors 68040

I think there might extremely few albums that can't be streamed due to licensing, much like Taylor Swift was going to withhold one. You'll have to go find out for yourself whether your favorites are available. That's why you get a three month free trial.

8. JuryDuty macrumors 6502

JuryDuty

What I've read is that nearly the entire Apple library is available. "Nearly" though isn't "All." There will be some exceptions. But statistically, chances are the music you want will be there. Use the trial to find out.

9. AngusW thread starter macrumors 6502

AngusW

I'm asking so I can decide now if I want to upgrade to iOS 8.4 or not.

10. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

When Apple Music was announced they said over 30 million tracks were available to stream but there are currently over 43 million tracks in the US iTunes Store.

The 30 million figure should have increased a lot in the meantime since most of the independent labels signed up last week. So it's probably most but not all of the albums that are available in iTunes.

11. AreanFSL macrumors 6502

Thanks for clearing that up.

12. Phillyfinest89 macrumors member

I'm loving the music app right now. Got dr Dre on full blast lol.