Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AhRiHmAn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2016
France
Am I the only one who gets this behavior , when i listen to a playlist or an album with AM , if my phone looses the network Apple music comes back to the main screen , then I have to go back manually to the playlists if I want to change a song or chosse another playlist.
It is very annoying , since I am a taxi driver in a countryside in france and there are a lot of places without any network coverage.
As long as I get some network (wifi or 3/4G) , no problem , AM stays in the playlist or album I am listening to.

Any help would be appreciated to solve this...

Thanks

Mansu944

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
I haven’t noticed it on losing networks although that might explain it. It just seems to refresh a lot.

AhRiHmAn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2016
France
At the beginning of Apple music it used to pause when the phone lost network (even with offline music) and now this.
It did that for months before it was fixed in another iOS version.
I start to be tired with apple buggy softwares.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
It’s not an Apple Music thing. This is how current music app works. I don’t have (and likely will never have) Apple Music sub, yet same behaviour happens when I lose network connection.

AhRiHmAn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2016
France
It’s not an Apple Music thing. This is how current music app works. I don’t have (and likely will never have) Apple Music sub, yet same behaviour happens when I lose network connection.

If I remember well it didn't behave like that a couple of weeks ago...probably one of those updates.
Hopefully ios12 will be good , so we can forget this 11 version.

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
hi

you have a subscription to apple music, right?
but you dont download your songs to your device?

i might not understand your problem correctly.
but apple music does work perfectly, for example, in airplane mode, without a network connection.
but it would work only if those songs are actually already downloaded to your device already, no?

even an apple playlist with the option ticked of not downloading its playlist's songs to individual artist albums works in the same way as above as well.

on the other hand, apple music radio channel (streaming) wouldn't work without a network connection.

AhRiHmAn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2016
France
hi

you have a subscription to apple music, right?
but you dont download your songs to your device?

i might not understand your problem correctly.
but apple music does work perfectly, for example, in airplane mode, without a network connection.
but it would work only if those songs are actually already downloaded to your device already, no?

even an apple playlist with the option ticked of not downloading its playlist's songs to individual artist albums works in the same way as above as well.

on the other hand, apple music radio channel (streaming) wouldn't work without a network connection.
Hi , thanks for your reply!
The problem is that (i am a taxi driver) when I drive into aeras not covered with network , the Apple music app always comes back to main screen (or welcome screen I don't know the name) , so for exemple I am in a playlist listening to something , then no more network ,bam back to welcome screen. If I want to switch song or to another playlist I have to manually go to playlists and choose. With Spotify for exemple this doesn't happen the app stays where ou are with or withoiut network.
I hope it's more clear now :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.