Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today started sharing its "Replay 2022" playlist to Apple Music subscribers. Just like the past few years, this playlist ranks all of the music you've been streaming since the year began, with 100 total tracks in the ranking.

apple-music-replay-2022-feature2.jpg

"Replay 2022" will update every week with the newest order of your most-listened-to tracks. By the time 2022 ends, the playlist provides an overall look at your music history for the year.

Once you've listened to enough music to generate the playlist, you'll find it at the bottom of the Listen Now tab in Apple Music on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS. There's also a more detailed version of the data tracking feature on Apple Music for the web, including most streamed artists and albums, and statistics for detailed play counts and hours listened.

Apple has been making its yearly Replay playlists available since 2019, and it's the company's only offering in terms of a yearly statistic wrap-up. Spotify Wrapped has been dominating this area of the music streaming business for a few years now, mainly thanks to its easily shareable infographics that come out in early December.

replay-2022.jpg

Apple Music Replay has the bonus of being available year-round, but the playlist doesn't tend to change much once you get far enough into the year, and Apple still hasn't provided a year-end recap that its subscribers can post to social media platforms.

Head to the ‌Apple Music‌ app or Apple Music on the web to add the Replay 2022 playlist to your library. If you haven't listened to enough music yet in 2022, the playlist may not appear in your Apple Music app. Once you do listen to more music, you should see your Replay 2022 playlist appear as usual in the Listen Now tab.

Article Link: Apple Music 'Replay 2022' Playlist Now Available

Last edited:

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I was considering switching from Spotify to Apple Music but I do not know if AM supports multi room for multiple Echos in your household? And what I like about Spotify is that you can control the music on your Echos from another device via Spotify Connect, sort of like a remote and it does not interrupt whatever you are doing on said device. I do not think this is possible on AM right? When I tried it a while ago, all I got was a "another device is already playing music" or something like that message. For instance, I am playing music on all my Echos. I open Spotify on my MacBook and control the music of those Echo devices. Then I walk to the couch, open Spotify on my iPhone and pick another song to play on the Echos. Its just a seamless experience. On AM it just plays the music on whatever device I open the App from and stops the music on the other device.

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
Tbh I prefer being able to see my top ranking for the year throughout the year rather than only in December. Only if the play count was actually updating properly, so that I could fully trust the data ?

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
And this is exactly why Apple Music sucks at everything. They can't even integrate this into the app? I would venture to bet less than 1% of their listeners use the webapp, let alone even know it exists.
You can add it to the library from the website. I agree, tho, that you shouldn’t have to go to the web version to add it in the first place.

Reactions: alexe

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
"You haven't listened to enough music," which is probably true, but I have my HomePod mini playing a "favorites radio" mix all day long.

TrancyGoose

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2021
Funny .... I got nothing. No email, nothing. And if I go to web player, it just opens the app for me.
Can't they get anything right?

Reactions: AhRiHmAn

mjs916

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2018
Sacramento, CA
And this is exactly why Apple Music sucks at everything. They can't even integrate this into the app? I would venture to bet less than 1% of their listeners use the webapp, let alone even know it exists.
Am I misreading your reply? Macrumors said “Head to the ‌Apple Music‌ app or Apple Music on the web…”

That seems to say it’s integrated into the app, but your reply gives me the impression that it said “Head to Apple Music on the web…”

Help me out, I’m confused?

SpringKid

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2019
So basically this is a playlist of songs you listened to most during a certain period; no stats, no ranking, no nothing. What's the point?

mjs916

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2018
Sacramento, CA
You can add it to the library from the website. I agree, tho, that you shouldn’t have to go to the web version to add it in the first place.
Ok, so a second person also saw that it’s only accessible from the web?

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills! It clearly says Apple Music app OR Apple Music on the web. Right?!?

OK… I had to go check & sure enough in the Listen Now tab, scrolling to the bottom, there are my Replay ‘22 and other year playlists. (My dog listens to a lot of “relax my cat” music. Don’t judge her!)

Attachments

• 1E6FD3B3-7B71-4073-8BB1-46EF735A1593.jpeg
    1E6FD3B3-7B71-4073-8BB1-46EF735A1593.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 2,089
Last edited:

SpringKid

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2019
Ok, so a second person also saw that it’s only accessible from the web?

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills! It clearly says Apple Music app OR Apple Music on the web. Right?!?

OK… I had to go check & sure enough in the Listen Now tab, scrolling to the bottom, there are my Replay ‘22 playlists. (My dog listens to a lot of “relax my cat” music. Don’t judge her!)
I can do it from the app, no problem.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
I think this is the article's fault, not Apple Music. The article itself indicates that the playlist will appear in iOS, iPadOS and MacOS. However, if it fails to appear, you can check the web app -- this is what this last statement in the article ought to say instead. Right now, the playlist does not appear for me yet anywhere, even the web page. But it will eventually appear as in previous years. Calm down. Don't be too prejudiced.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Am I misreading your reply? Macrumors said “Head to the ‌Apple Music‌ app or Apple Music on the web…”

That seems to say it’s integrated into the app, but your reply gives me the impression that it said “Head to Apple Music on the web…”

Help me out, I’m confused?
The article was unclear and his comment just ran with it, perhaps fueled by prejudice or frustration about Apple Music.

It should not be necessary to go to the web, but if it fails to appear in the apps, you can check the web. But even if you don't, it should eventually appear in the apps, as in previous years.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Minor correction - They've been gathering data for a bit longer - My Replay playlists goes all the way back to 2015! View attachment 1959327 View attachment 1959328
Yeah several points of misinformation in this article, such as implying that people need to use the web app to add the list. It's not necessary. If it does not appear for you yet, just wait a while. For my 2021 list I had to wait a week after it was announced before mine appeared.

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
Yeah several points of misinformation in this article, such as implying that people need to use the web app to add the list. It's not necessary. If it does not appear for you yet, just wait a while. For my 2021 list I had to wait a week after it was announced before mine appeared.

Another factor that may be involved in the lack of appearance of a 2022 playlist - how much music you've listened to.

I checked the bottom of my 'Listen Now' page in Music and playlists from 2015-2021 were there, but no sign of 2022. So I checked the web player to make sure, and there it told me I hadn't yet listened to enough music yet this year for a Replay playlist to be generated. It suggested listening to some songs and coming back later.

earthTOmitchel

Contributing Editor
Staff member
Mar 6, 2015
Louisiana
Not sure where you mean I implied it's only available on the web, mention a few times it's both the app and on the web.

"To find the playlist, you can scroll to the bottom of the Listen Now tab in ‌Apple Music‌ on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS."

"Head to the ‌‌Apple Music‌‌ app or Apple Music on the web to add the Replay 2022 playlist to your library."

Edit: saw your previous comments and now I see what you're saying, I added a few lines at the end to clear things up.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.