Apple Music Royalties

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Futhark, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

Does anyone know how the Royalties work for artists in Apple Music? I know artists get so much per stream of their songs but what happens if you click on an album and select Make available offline?

2. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

I could be wrong, but I thought i read somewhere along time ago, how it worked with Spotify was the play data was still tracked by the app, and when ever you connect to the internet the play data gets sent.

So in theory if you download a bunch of songs, play them and never connect to the internet with the machine again, the artist wouldn't get paid.
    Pretty safe to say that most likely very rarely will ever happen.

You could prob dig through the terms and conditions and find out the answer, it would likely mention if the play data was being tracked and sent.

3. MentalFloss macrumors 6502a

MentalFloss

Yes, but I saw some articles that stated that you have to go online every now and then, or your offline songs will not play anymore. But yea, it's an unlikely scenario anyway that someone has a device that doesn't go online at all anymore.