Apple Music Songs greyed out in playlist, but playable otherwise?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Wunderwally, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Wunderwally, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016

Wunderwally macrumors member

Wunderwally

So decided to try out Apple Music one more time and a strange problem occurs. After adding a few songs to a playlist some of them are greyed out but playable outside the playlist (f.e. if i go to Artist and select the song it plays without problems?!) WTF is happening here? I've already tried the usual steps like restarting the device, signing off and on again, turning off and on iCloud Music Library, re-adding the songs without any result?

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: It's the same on every device i tried and everything is up to date and no betas! (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Macbook)

IMG_0037.jpg IMG_0038.jpg

2. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

The obvious guess is that the playlist song and the song in your library are not exactly the same.

3. Wunderwally thread starter macrumors member

Wunderwally

It has to be the exact same song (unless Apple is doing something strange when adding a song to a playlist). I searched for it, played it and directly added it to the playlist.
    Also to add, my library was completely empty before i started using Apple Music. I don't have local files or iTunes Match.

4. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

That's how I started my AM subscription when it first came out. I see the same grayed out songs and sometimes they don't play.

5. Wunderwally thread starter macrumors member

Wunderwally

Did it change for you over time? Did you find a fix?

6. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

To be honest I haven't checked recently. I know initially AM would pull certain songs due to Artist disputes and for those they would not play. Recently (approx. month ago) I saw a few grayed out songs and they did play.

7. Wunderwally thread starter macrumors member

Wunderwally

Yeah i get that, but what's strange is that the greyed out songs are playable everywhere outside the playlist and my library. If i go to the album containing the greyed out song it's not greyed out and playable. If i go ahead and add it to my library or a playlist it's greyed out and not playable.

8. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Yeah strange. Maybe it related to the other things like in iTunes artists not showing icons