Apple Music streaming fills all free space on iPhone

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by aratuk, Jul 7, 2015.

1. aratuk macrumors newbie

Anyone else used Apple Music streaming and had it continually fill up the free space on your phone?

I thought I had a couple of gigs free, so was surprised to start getting free space warnings. Deleted some stuff and before long I was getting the warning again. Rebooted the phone and that seemed to clear the cache, so the space was unoccupied again. We'll see if it keeps happening.

I don't have a 16gb phone, but it seems like this could be a problem for those that do, if it's a prevalent issue.

2. LunarFalcon macrumors member

It seems that when you add something from Apple Music to "My Music" or if you add a song to a playlist, it saves it to your phone's storage even if you didn't "make songs offline". I can't imagine why it does this.

3. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I'd guess it's probably a bug - it does the same on my Phone but I've got 128GB so hadn't noticed it until I read this thread

4. mpfuchs macrumors regular

mpfuchs

It used to do the same thing before Apple Music when you were streaming songs through iTunes Match.