Apple Music Subscription And How To Access iTunes Match

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by NJRonbo, Oct 7, 2017.

1. NJRonbo macrumors 68010

Hello, Everyone!

Just subscribed to Apple Music.

I had presumed that this service now includes iTunes Music Match which is also a separate $25 yearly subscription.

I have about 10,000 ripped songs on my drive I would like to put in the cloud.

However, attempting to activate iTunes Music match from my iTunes account (via store) only gives me the subscribe option, when again, I am assuming that it should be part of my Apple Music Subscription.

Am I correct about the inclusion? And if so, how do I activate the iTunes Match?

Thanks in advance!

2. Tech198 macrumors G5

3. NJRonbo thread starter macrumors 68010

Appreciate the link, but in the very page you linked to it says this:

So I am assuming iTunes Match is part of Apple Music. Am I wrong?

4. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Completely wrong. In the exact article you link it reads:

"If you're an Apple Music member, you don't need to subscribe to iTunes Match unless you still need to access your music on an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)."

OP: You don't need to activate iTunes Match. As long as your Apple Music subscription is active, you will benefit from the features of iTunes Match.

So, regarding your 10,000 songs, as long as they are in your iTunes library with an active Apple Music subscription, they will automatically be available in the cloud and available everywhere that you are signed in with the same Apple ID.

You can also force this to update via File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library.

You can also verify the status of the tracks by right clicking > Song Info > File. The status may show as Matched or Uploaded, for example. More info: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203564

5. NJRonbo thread starter macrumors 68010

Thank you for the definitive answer, Brookzy.

I now have an Apple Music subscription and indeed am uploading my entire library to the cloud.

6. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

I’m having the same difficulty I have a lot of songs that are not in the iTunes music store and my PC will not sync them

7. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

I read on the internet an article that finds a fix and it did work for me, I had to convert the songs from like 56kbps bibrate to at least 128kbps in order for iTunes music to recognize it and upload it into its cloud library and it works I’m so happy!

This is the link that I read: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7113938?start=0&tstart=0