Apple Music Sync Device limit and Sync Bit Rate

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by pike908, Jul 17, 2015.

1. pike908, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015

pike908 macrumors member

I currently pay for Spotify. I am considering checking out Apple Music. A couple of questions that I just can't seem to find the answer for after looking at the Apple Site:

1. What is the OFFLINE device limit for Synch for music that is not in my iTunes library (music that I don't own)?

2. I assume the device limit is a combination of computers, ipad, and iphone -- or does the type of device make a difference?

3. Can one sync music for offline at a lower bit rate to conserve storage device like one can on Spotify?

Thanks!

2. Julien, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

1. Looks like you can download to the amount of available storage on the device.

2. I don't think there is a device limit, just a limit for devices playing at a time (1 for single and 6 for family).

EDIT: Looks like the device limit for :apple:Music is the same as other services at 10.

"...Music, movies, TV shows, and books can be downloaded on up to 10 devices per account, five of which can be computers..."

3 Yuck, lower quality. You could download on cell with the 'Higher Quality on Cell' unchecked

3. pike908 thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, 10 Devices can play offline music??? Sounds too good to be true. I am not a pirate nor do I plan to abuse the service. I just find it hard to fathom that many offline devices since theoretically each one could be playing offline while disconnected from cell/broadband.

As far as lower quality, I only have a 16gb Iphone 5. I primarily listen to music while walking or cycling so I am not really picky about top notch quality. Spotify normal off line quality meets my needs -- more concerned about quantity (number of songs).

I keep thinking about getting a new phone. I just find $750 a lot of money for a 64 gig Iphone 6 -- if battery life was better it would be easier to justify!!! I may pick up a refurbed Iphone 5S 32 gig since Iphone 5 meets my needs other than storage limit.