Apple Music Sync?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by NovemberWhiskey, Dec 7, 2016.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

So just signed up for Apple Music hoping for fresh tunes for my workouts. I have a waterproof iPod shuffle I use for swims, but it keeps saying I can't sync AM to my iPod. Some research shows Apple doesn't allow this currently due to drm issues.

My question is: is there any way around this? Does Apple plan on making it compatible with shuffles any time?

2. profets macrumors 68040

Unfortunately not, iPod shuffles and nanos aren't compatible with Apple Music. Kind of surprised they're still selling them at this point.

Btw, that's awesome you have one of those shuffles. It's a company that waterproofs them right? Always wanted to try one out for lane swimming.

3. satchmo macrumors 68000

Yeah, it looks like the Apple Watch is the future once it can stream music via cellular.

Still wished the Nano was upgraded with wi-fi so I didn't have to physically tether it to a Mac to sync and download podcasts.

While I agree on why Apple is still selling them, the Shuffle is great for tactile controls during a workout.

4. macrabbit macrumors member

This is such a deal breaker to me. You pay $120/year to have Apple Music, and you can't even use the music on your APPLE products that are designed for exercise. They have exercise playlists which is even more hilarious. What exactly is stopping Apple from allowing offline music to be dropped and dragged onto the iPods? I don't get it?