Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itzamna

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2011
Hello there.

Does anyone knows if it is possible to sync from my mac to my iPhone (that are in the same network) without Internet access?

Now with Apple music we have to go to the iDevice and manually download whatever we want to hear offline.
But i was wondering that, since we could have the songs we want on our laptop/desktop, if there was a way to manually sync the songs like in the old way, where i choose the song on iTunes and sync it via USB or Wi-Fi.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
No, it is download only. This is probably part of the music labels agreement to DRM security.

tomekosiowy

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2013
Poland
You have to decide: new way or old way. But not both at once (it means: old way inside new one). I have disabled new way on all devices. Can't be more happier. The only feature in iOS 8.4 (and iTunes 12), that realy works good: you can disable Apple Music and iCloud Music Library.

Itzamna

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2011
That sucks a bit because if one is without Internet can't get the songs, even if they are right there on your computer.

You have to decide: new way or old way. But not both at once (it means: old way inside new one). I have disabled new way on all devices. Can't be more happier. The only feature in iOS 8.4 (and iTunes 12), that realy works good: you can disable Apple Music and iCloud Music Library.

I'm enjoying it so far... No major bugs (only had problems on 2 albums artwork) and everything goes smooth... Only this "workflow" of Internet requirement sucks... :/ :(

Reactions: tomekosiowy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.