Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Music - time inappropriate playlist suggestions

iConnected

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
This morning, I was presented with a suggested playlist for late night music listening. At 9.30am.

This afternoon, I'm being offered suggestions for "A Rise and Shine Run - Out of bed, sleepyhead! It's time to rise and grind!". At 4.15pm.

In their quest to deliver a more personalised and relevant music experience, is it really beyond Apple's capabilities to tailor playlist suggestions to different time zones?

Flunkyturtle

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
This morning, I was presented with a suggested playlist for late night music listening. At 9.30am.

This afternoon, I'm being offered suggestions for "A Rise and Shine Run - Out of bed, sleepyhead! It's time to rise and grind!". At 4.15pm.

In their quest to deliver a more personalised and relevant music experience, is it really beyond Apple's capabilities to tailor playlist suggestions to different time zones?

Is it possible you have your timezone set wrong?

Reactions: motulist
Comment

MentalFloss

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
It gets even better. My top suggested playlist in "For You" today is a "Welcome to the weekend" playlist. :D

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.