Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced that it will be releasing the film "Harry Styles: Behind the Album" exclusively on Apple Music on May 15.

harry-styles-apple-music-800x333.jpg

The film chronicles the former One Direction singer's so-called "musical journey" while creating his debut solo album, set to be released on Friday.

Apple shared a 30-second preview of the film on its YouTube channel today.

Apple's full description of the video:
Apple Music Presents: Behind the Album, a new film from production company Fulwell 73, chronicles Harry's musical journey while creating his much anticipated debut solo album. The film features exclusive interviews and behind the scenes footage shot in Jamaica, Los Angeles and London during the making of the album and is complemented by Harry and his band performing songs from it for the first time at the world famous Abbey Road Studios in London.
Styles' debut solo single "Sign of the Times," to be included on the album, is already available on Apple Music.

Article Link: Apple Music to Share Exclusive Film About 'Harry Styles' Album Next Week

peterh988

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2011
Q. What's got a hundred legs, and one pubic hair?

A. Front row of a One Direction concert

Is Apple Music suitable for the preteen market? I suppose 'nag power' will get a few parents to sign up to shut the girls up for a while.

JGIGS

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
First two songs that have been released are actually pretty promising. He takes a lot of influence from older rock bands Sign of the Times has a lot of Bowie influence and Sweet Creature sounds a bit like the Beatles Blackbird. Definitely trying to shed the boy band image.

Reactions: Feyl

dannyyankou

macrumors G4
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Q. What's got a hundred legs, and one pubic hair?

A. Front row of a One Direction concert

Is Apple Music suitable for the preteen market? I suppose 'nag power' will get a few parents to sign up to shut the girls up for a while.
I hate One Direction but his solo stuff is actually decent. It sounds inspired by 70s and 80s rock.

Reactions: Feyl

JGIGS

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
Is this guy in the same league as Prince?

I'm assuming you are trying to make a joke somewhere in this comment but he will probably surpass him popularity. As talented as Prince was he wasn't the most mainstream artist except for maybe in the 80's.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Every time I hear kids talk about "the 80s" it instantly reminds me of how utterly gullible I was for my generation having been sold a similarly absurd cartoonish mishmash of style and content labeled "the 70's" by lazy, aging marketers out of ideas, and buying it.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Don't really care, Apple. Instead of these stupid "exclusives" why don't you improve "new music mix" and artist suggestions. Spotify is beating you severely in that department. Until they decide to improve what is suggested to me, Spotify will continue to gladly receive my money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.