Apple Music Trial Expired, Now Cannot Sync via iTunes

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by dbagg, Oct 2, 2015.

1. dbagg macrumors member

dbagg

I let my Apple Music trial expire as I didn't want to renew my subscription, I would rather have music stored locally on my device.

So, now when I go into iTunes and attempt to sync my music from my Mac it will not transfer any songs to my iPhone. I have tried everything I can think of e.g reboot phone, reboot mac, sign out of iCloud on both devices, disable Apple Music, sync via Wifi, etc etc etc and nothing will work.

At this point I think the fact that I was using iCloud music library on my iPhone during my 3 month trial period, and never turned it off (rather I just let the trial expire), is now causing the issue. It is also not possible to turn off iCloud music library as the option no longer appears in settings. File attached which shows how the music appears in iTunes with a 'dotted circle' next to the song.

This is really annoying as I have no music to listen to, anyone with a similar issue or solution?

Attached Files:

2. dbagg thread starter macrumors member

dbagg

I had to restore and set up as a new phone to resolve.