Apple Music trial has ended and I have lost my music

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Mrjynx, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Mrjynx macrumors member

Had apple music for the trail period. Didn't renew since I had music and podcasts on my phone. Haven't played till today and I actually tried to play MY MUSIC. As in stuff which was originally on my phone... nadda, got prompted for apple music.. WTF, i'm really angry now, i'm not going to search through the internet to find out why because I originally paid for through itunes i'd expect it work, i'm pissed off at is everything is gone and keeps asking me to buy this bloody apple music service.

terrible terrible implementation!!! i can't believe the songs and albums I've had on my phone for years has disappeared and its now asking me to play on itunes music with a subscription... I'm a long time apple supporter, but this is driving me crazy.

2. bcave098 macrumors 6502

bcave098

If, when you signed up for Apple Music, you enabled iCloud Music Library then it would have prompted you to "Merge" or "Replace" the library. If you choose "Replace" then it would have deleted the originals and replaced them with the Apple Music DRMed version, which I suspect is what happened. Since you purchased the music using the iTunes Store, you can remove the Apple Music versions and simply re-download the DRM-free iTunes versions.

If this is the case, it's expected behaviour.

3. bandrews macrumors 6502a

On the subscription screen (tap the Heart icon) just tap "not now" then it takes you to the standard music app with no sign of the streaming service.

4. mizxco macrumors 6502a

mizxco

Yes I have to agree it was terrible implementation on Apple's part.
    Some of my iTunes matched songs became DRM'ed after joining the trial.