Apple Music Turned My Explicit Music To Clean...

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by newyorksole, Aug 1, 2015.

1. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Has anyone else had this issue? Music that I've imported into my computer from CDs and music that I've downloaded from blogs for the most part play as "Clean" from my iPhone.

It seems like if there is music I have on my iPhone that wasn't purchased from iTunes, but is in Apple's catalogue, it turns it into the clean version.

This is very frustrating because I'll be playing music in the car or at a party and it just kills the vibe.

Any ideas?

2. newyorksole thread starter macrumors 68030

Nothing is restricted. I'm not the only one with this issue. I did a Twitter search and others are saying the same thing.

3. jonmx macrumors newbie

jonmx

This solved the issue for me -

I had to first enable the "Restrict Music with Explicit Content" first (checked the box, clicked OK). Waited a few minutes, then I went back and then disabled it (unchecked the box, clicked OK). By doing that I was able to get explicit versions on my desktop.

Then I went to my iPhone to see if it updated on Apple Music there. Initially it was still pulling up the clean versions, but after a few minutes and searches it started showing the explicit versions.

Now I'm seeing "Explicit" next to song titles, like this J.Cole one for example. What's weird is that some albums are still showing censored titles like Pantera's "Yesterday Don't Me S**t", but the version that plays is the actually explicit version.

Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 12.56.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 12.57.40 PM.png

4. newyorksole thread starter macrumors 68030

Honestly I've just given up. When it comes to music and photos, I don't want to rely on iCloud. Local storage for those things is best. I still subscribe to Apple Music, for streaming purposes, but I cannot get down with iCloud Music Library. Maybe in 2017 I'll try it again. I think by then it'll be much better. As of right now? Nope.

5. Acevesx macrumors regular

anyone having this issue still because I am, it's frustrating!

6. jlj1397 macrumors newbie

i am as well. very annoying. my google play does this too