Apple Music - What is the catch?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by mp3dk, Jun 30, 2015.

?

Spotify or Apple Music?

1. Spotify

30.4%
  2. Apple Music

69.6%
  1. mp3dk macrumors member

Greetings people,

As of today I have downloaded and installed iOS 8.4. I have also accepted the 3 months trial to Apple Music.

After browsing through the app, trying to setup playlists, finding tracks and so on, I still don't see what the catch is about this app.

I have been a Spotify user for a long time and to me the Spotify app design and work flow in general is much, much better than Apple Music.

What is your thoughts on the newly release Apple Music?

2. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

3. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I am sure it will be redesigned, it is free for three months and we will see after that.

Spotify's design blows this app away to kingdom come.

4. RMD68 macrumors 6502

I'm selling my iPhone now and canceling all of my Apple services. If you can prove the farce that is Apple in 15 minutes, imagine what I could suffer in 20 minutes.

5. flur macrumors 68000

For me the draw is that I can intermingle songs I own with songs I don't without uploading everything I own to a cloud service, and I can control playback with my AW.

6. Soni Sanjay macrumors 6502

Soni Sanjay

7. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Apple Music's UI blows Spotify out of the water. Spotify is probably one of the ugliest, and buggiest, apps on my phone. And the white-on-black/green-on-black text kills my eyes.

8. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I do not under stand the thread title. "what is the catch" implies there is some hidden fee or other nefarious things going on.