Apple Music: Where's My New Music Tuesday??

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by JuryDuty, Jul 7, 2015.

1. JuryDuty macrumors 6502

JuryDuty

I logged into Apple Music this morning excited to see all the new music because it's Tuesday...and...where is it?

There's not a playlist for it.

If you look under New Music, New Artists, Hot Tracks, Top Songs or Top Albums...hardly anything has changed from the previous week.

This is one thing I didn't even think about missing from Spotify--the fact that every Tuesday you can go in and listen to that week's single and album releases easily.

How could a music discovery service miss that?!

Am I missing something??

2. magicrevolver macrumors newbie

3. JuryDuty thread starter macrumors 6502

JuryDuty

Very interesting!

So the question is, will there be a playlist or anything this coming Friday that highlights all the new music??

4. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

That threw me this week too! I knew the switch to Friday's was coming, but I didn't expect it to coincide with the launch of Apple Music.

5. shandyman Suspended

It'll probably just be included in the "New" section, with all parts of it updated accordingly....

6. JuryDuty thread starter macrumors 6502

JuryDuty

I guess I don't mind that so long as it's easy to find. But I do like that in Spotify you can start a playlist and just play one song after another. I hope there's some way to do that. Guess we'll find out in a couple days...

7. TsMkLg068426 macrumors 65816

And I thought I was the only one losing my mind had no clue for new release music was moved to Friday very interesting, is this the same for Movies and TV Shows?

8. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

why did they switch it's been tuesdays forever.

9. JuryDuty thread starter macrumors 6502

JuryDuty

Well, sadly, while there are new albums under New Music, that's all we get--one album to select at a time.

No new music playlist, no easy way to go through the newest singles that I can tell. :(

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Tuesday was picked for physical media stocking (LPs, 8-Track and cassette tapes) convenience. The beginning of the week was (is) the slowest in retail but Monday was too soon for everyone to be ready. So Tuesday it was. This is no longer applicable.

11. TsMkLg068426 macrumors 65816

So they switched to Friday and nothing new out on Apple Music and in iTunes Store Record Labels must be sleeping that it is no longer new release Tuesdays but Fridays.

12. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

I post the free iTunes for this forum and so far nothing new this week, just check again a few minutes. Normally they have been posting free new songs after 9:00 PM Pacific time on Mondays, sometimes Tuesday.

13. cmiller4642 macrumors member

I'm listening to the new Civil Twilight album right now on Apple Music it's pretty good. The new albums are there for today under new.

14. TsMkLg068426 macrumors 65816

Yes but for only specific genres nothing for Dance or Electronic pretty 3 or 4 new there.